January 22, 2008
Well---As you can see from this blog I am a pretty busy little mama! End of the year accounting stuff really sucks all the time. Anyway- Lucas is now 5 months old. I have no idea where the time went. It honestly feels like just the other day we were bringing him home from the hospital. Man I just really love him. He is such a joy in our lives and I can't believe how fast he is growing and changing.
Things that have happened since November....
1. Lucas has two new teeth-- the bottom two front teeth. I have pretty much stopped breast feeding, lets just say "OUCH"!
2. Lucas started eating solid foods. He really loves his carrots but peas are in a close second. The only thing he doesn't like about it is that he can't get it in his mouth as quickly as he would like. But he is a great eater!!
3. Lucas is sitting up!! He hates to be on his back. He really loves tummy time but would rather be sitting up looking around.
4. Tibo and Lucas have become great friends already. I wish we had a camera out the other day. Lucas was laying on his blanket on the floor in the living room when Tibo decided that he wanted to play with him. So Tibo plopped himself right down next to Lucas and put his nose really close to Lucas' face. Lucas immediately started laughing and grabbing at the dogs ears. They kept this going for about 10 min and Tibo just layed there while Lucas grabbed and giggled. It was the cutest thing ever.
5. Lucas has topped 15lbs!! He is super short for his age but pretty "round" you could say. He is doing great and growing more and more every day.
6. School started back up for John. He is one crazy man- he is taking three classes and a lab this semester. However, one of the classes he is taking is Ethics for Engineers...he thinks it should be very interesting since he has seen first hand some of the things Engineers are facing.
7. We painted our downstairs. Finally my house feels like an actual home rather than just a place that we live. We have spent the last 4 1/2 years living in white painted apartments and now that we have painted...it feels so warm and homey :)
My new year's resolution is to keep the family updated more with pictures and stories of Lucas...so here's the start and we'll see how it goes.
Posted by John and Robyn at 8:22 PM